Rapid fire remarks on the WILM debate
* It's the SAT, not the "Sat test", Governor Minner. "Ess-Ay-Tee". By the way, the "T" in SAT stands for test. It's not the Scholastic Aptitude Test Test.
* Did the moderator just call Judge Lee "Governor"? I like the way that sounds.
* How does Frank Infante jump right to gambling on the education question?
* Did Ruth Ann skip the WPVI debate to prepare for this one? It doesn't show.
* Is Frank Infante proposing that citizens break into schools? Sounds like it.
* This could well be the worst organized debate. We are twenty minutes into it, and they are still on the first question. We have now reach the five minute "free for all".
* Ruth Ann just said, "Do you have a plan? I don't." I'd love to see that on a t-shirt.
UPDATE: Hear a clip here!
* 7:30 - the second question - are you kidding me?
* Thank you for calling RAM on the independent inquiry coming in after Election Day. Voters should be remind of that every day.
* Infante - "Potato Farmer?"
* Ruth Ann's CO's = nurses argument doesn't fly. It is obvious she is on the defensive.
* I can't believe Ruth Ann is attacking the victim of the prison attack. Does this woman hear herself speak?
* Is this honestly a three question debate?
* Is it the "National Institute of Prisons" or the "Federal Bureau of Prisons"? Ruth Ann has said both.
* Question three is a slow pitch for Infante. I actually like that the candidates received questions in their wheelhouse: Minner-education, Lee-prisons, Infante-gambling.
* Minner seems to be unaware that Delaware could allow sports betting, she just said there could be no additional gambling without constitutional amendments.
* They almost forgot the rebuttal period. I wish they hadn't remembered.
* Thank God they waived the 'Crossfire'. This debate is plodding along.
* This format does not help the Governor. When she tries to talk on the same subject for five minutes, she drifts all over the place.
* Infante is bloodying Minner on Small Businesses. I'm glad someone remembers the license plates leaving Delaware.
* Whammo! Bill Lee just reminded the listeners that the $14 million paid to Invista weren't for new jobs, as the Governor keeps implying. It was a bribe to keep Invista from leaving.
* Governor Minner has repeatedly passed off every bad thing to another body. DEFAC, the legislature, the Economic Development Office - it's all their fault. She has no responsibility for the bad things, just pride in the good.
* Infante's closing was very good... for Judge Lee. All he did was smack down Minner. Never even said 'Vote for me."
* Lee laid her out as well. I wish debate watching and listening was mandatory. Hell, in the Governor's case, I wish debate attendance was mandatory.
* Minner on the defensive is a beautiful thing.
On the whole, great debate, but so poorly managed.